Poll

Would you like to have "Seen" checkbox automatically flagged while rating the movie?

Yes
No
Don't know
Don't care
Blank vote (see results)

Author Topic: Feature suggestions poll  (Read 7119 times)

buah

Feature suggestions poll
« on: January 30, 2010, 02:01:42 am »
So, let's try to contribute, and to help nostra and rick by polling, too. More information here

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Feature suggestions poll
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 03:31:23 am »
To save others the pain of that long and unproductive thread...

So to recap: Linking two fields so one changes with the other is a bad idea. Adding the option to do so would unlikely create any problems (especially if the default is 'off'), and some users would appreciate the convenience. Unfortunately, if nostra made the mistake of reading this far, he no longer has the time to implement this. ;D

So, given the way the poll is worded, I have to vote an emphatic NO!

Please vote in my Dead Horse poll.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 04:25:22 am by rick.ca »

Offline patch

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 01:56:04 pm »
So, let's try to contribute

Agree
Actually adding the poll to the original thread would have been sensible if it was possible as summaries can clearly be biased.

Please vote in my Dead Horse poll.  ;D

One thread per topic is more sensible than one thread per opinion imo.
My reading of buah original thread is he is not at all against making the dependency configurable, so the 2 polls are asking the same question.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 02:02:53 pm by patch »

buah

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 03:36:49 pm »
My reading of buah original thread is he is not at all against making the dependency configurable, so the 2 polls are asking the same question.

Absolutely definitely! Never was against it. So, if you agree the subject could be changed to "Would you like an option to have "Seen" checkbox automatically flagged while rating the movie?". Or, it hasn't to be subjected here, but wherever you like, and subjected as you like it. The idea is important, and I never questioned technique how to get it.

Offline CAD

• Older Power User
  • I've got my eye on you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 12:56:19 am »
i voted yes.
i'll add a caveat.
this should be optional.
i do not agree that users should have to change the way they think to use a particular piece software.
All software should be adaptable to users needs. As long as a changes dont hinder or affect the way other users use software. Change can only be good. Software that doesn't meet the needs of end users is destined to fail.

At the end of the day - Nostra is the developer he can do whatever he likes. If he likes the ideas put forward and is willing to implement it, then great. If he does not want to make changes - then bad luck, deal with the software as is or change to something else that meets your needs.

my $0.02

three fingered salutation

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 06:17:17 pm »
No, I wouldn't like to to have the 'Seen' check box already flagged.  This database is for my own use.
A lot of the the shows/movies, were downloaded and I have not been able to watch a lot of them as yet.
This database helps me choose which one to watch primarily based on ratings gathered by this program
from imdb.com.  Once I have watched them then I could mark them as seen. The only real way right
now I have to know that I have actually seen the movie is simply move them to a different directory
all together based on my personal rating of Good, Fair or Time Waster.
I would not only like it if 'Seen' could be left untaged, but also to remember the position of this flag
once I have watched the movie, and then checked it as been 'Seen'; then I can move the movie to a
different directory as above. When I do another scan of the primary directory, the name of file or movie
even though it had be moved to a diferent directory should still retain the 'Seen' box as been checked.

buah

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 08:56:38 pm »
It looks you didn't get the idea, or I misread your post.

anything