English > Support

David Carradine

(1/3) > >>

rick.ca:
What a day! Not only do I have to deal with the bizarre death of David Carradine, now his record in PVD has gone mad. To make a long story short, according to the attached page.html (renamed TXT) it seems something has gone wrong with the IMDb People update. The page is obviously not HTML. The actual page appears normal in my browser.

I updated a number of other records, and the problem did not occur. So it seems to have something to do with this particular record/page. I Ctrl-Deleted the record, restarted the program and re-added the record. The problem remains (although it looks different). So I suppose whatever is happening is not the program's "fault," but maybe the plugin should be detecting this so it doesn't pollute the database with bad data.

[attachment deleted by admin]

nostra:
So what exactly happened? The attached file the photo you see in your post.

rick.ca:
Oh! I didn't view what I had posted. I've always assumed the page.html found in the application directory is the last page downloaded by a plugin. But now that I look at it, my log suggests this may be whatever the last GET was—in this case an image. So I suppose this has nothing to do with the problem. :-\

The display behaviour of the record is very strange. It seems unable to draw the information panel properly. At first, it showed only 2/3 of the photo, what seemed to be the usual data at the top (although, notably—no date of death) and the biography. On rare occasions the filmography would appear, it would be collapsed but could not be expanded. When I tried, I realized the mouse-clicks were actually hitting (invisible to me) movies which were opening in my browser. All this was with the screen maximized. I realize now, the filmography will display normally (sort of) if it is windowed. If I maximize, it will not re-draw correctly, however.

I just found another record that behaves this way. John Carradine—his father! This is getting too weird... :o

nostra:
I thinks its the most mysterious bug report I have ever heard :o

I will take a look at it tomorrow.

rick.ca:
It seems he's actually turned into a ghost! :o

Something is peculiar about the data. This screenshot is made from a new database with nothing in it but David Carradine.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version